Sunday, September 19, 2010

Scones

Posted by PicasaI always enjoy finding new blogs. This week I happened upon http://www.bakerbabe.blogspot.com/. The blog belongs to Eden Hertzog, the Toronto entrepreneur behind New Moon Kitchen and maker and baker of cookies! She's about to have her first baby, and I bet she'll also take her baby to work one day too! I look forward to seeing what she'll blog about. She did have one yummy recipe posted, and I decided to give it a go. Hopefully she won't mind me re-posting it since I told you where it's from. Here's the recipe for her Spelt Berry Scones:
Preheat over to 375 degrees F
Stir together:
1 1/2 c. spelt flour
1/2 c. wheat germ
3 tbsp. milled flax seed
1/2 c. quick oats
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
Add the following & Stir again until it becomes a batter:
1/3 c. coconut oil
1/3 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Add 1/2 c. berries & Stir again. (Don't be like me and try to add a cup of berries-too crumbly!)
Drop scone-shapes (any shape, I figure) onto greased baking sheet. Bake approx. 15 minutes. Mine were done at about 12 minutes, so check at the end!
Enjoy these yummy scones! They were husband, toddler, and mom approved in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment