Sunday, May 30, 2010

Aloha to Book Club

I hosted book club this month and went with a Hawaiian theme in honor of our book Moloka'i. Here are some photos of my kitschy afternoon.
My first pineapple upside down cake. I used Nigella's recipe since I strive to be the domestic goddess she is.
Seashells and Fish in our Fruit

Pina Coladas


Do you like the grass skirt decoration?
Our little one slept through the party but kept the celebrations going long after


It turned out to be a good day to have a themed party, even if I did skip the canned ham and tiki torches. For May 29th, we had snow on the ground and temperatures hovering around freezing. This was a nice distraction for such a gloomy day.






2 comments:

  1. Best book club I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't too nice here either...however the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete